How can I know what kind of leather my shoe is made of?
You can directly search for your model in the web page, where the specific composition is specified. Usually we work with Napa leather, plant-based leather, or suede leather.
Napa is a smooth leather. It is a very grateful leather since with minimal care the shoe will remain as the first day.
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe away residues from dirt or dust. If possible, us the Cleaner.
- Optionally, nourish the leather with a colourless nourishing cream (so that it doesn’t change its original colour).
- Remove excess water (if any) with a dry cloth.
- Allow the shoe to dry without exposing it directly to the sun.
CACTUS & PLANT-BASED LEATHER
The best way to treat the cactus leather is as follows:
1. Use a protective waterproof spray in case you want to make them completely waterproof. Please read the prospect of the spray to make sure it can work on synthetic fibers (non-leather).
2. Use a black cream to cover wrinkles, imperfections or simply as a treatment. We recommend not to pick a very heavy (thick) cream, because the color could differ from the boots. Please try first on a discrete area to make sure you like the effect. Apply a small quantity of cream and try to create uniformity between the cream and the cactus leather.
Although it may seem that the suede is more delicate to maintain, with a few simple steps you can clean it and keep it as new. The best thing for the suede is to protect it before using it with a protector. As most of us don’t do it, we tell you how to take care of your suede Feners.
- With a soft, dry brush, wipe away any dirt or dust.
- To clean deeper stains, use a damp cloth and gently rub the stains and the entire shoe to maintain uniformity.
- When the shoe has dried naturally (without exposing them directly to sunlight), brush the leather with the soft brush in the same direction of the hair to give it the softer feel of the suede.
If we want our shoes to always look like new, it is important to pamper them as much as we can. Here we leave the steps to always keep the white of the sole:
- While dry, rub the sole of the shoe with a hard brush to remove the most superficial dirt.
- Use a bowl with water, some neutral soap and dip the same brush inside.
- Rub the soles with the brush to remove the most difficult dirt. If you need it, you can use a smaller brush (old toothbrush type) to get to the cracks. Be careful with the water not touching the leather.
- Finally, wipe the soles with a damp cloth to remove any residue and let them dry without exposing them directly to the sun.
- If the sole has black spots try to remove them with an eraser (school use type).
- You can use toothpaste to whiten them; Apply it on the sole and let it dry. Then, carefully remove it and you will see the results
*DO NOT WASH ANY FENERS PRODUCT IN THE WASHING MACHINE.